Your data as provided via this website will be used as described in this privacy statement as described in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union in 2018.
The individual whose personal data is being processed is called ‘participant’.
What data do we collect?
Emergence BV collects the following data:
- Personal identification information: Name, email address, telephone number
- Personal information: educational level, gender, year of birth
- Personal cultural information such as country culture of participant and participants’ parents and your personal cultural profile as an result of the Culturetest
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Emergence BV with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete the Culturetest assessment, other surveys or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?
Emergence BV collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- The gathered cultural data will be used to respond to requests the participant has made on the Culturetest website. These are the visuals, conclusions and all applications the Culturetest website has to offer.
- To inform you via e-mail and send newsletters, marketing-materials, enquiries etc. when the participant has voluntarily checked the box on the ‘My Account’ page. If you have agreed to receive newsletters, you may always opt out at a later date.
Emergence will keep your anonymous cultural data for an unspecified amount of time for research purposes only. This includes the outcome of the cultural assessment, country-culture of participant and parents, year of birth, gender, highest education.
This data cannot be linked to an individual.
Your personal identification information:will be kept for a certain period of time depending on the contract of your Administrator. Once this time period has expired, your personal identifying data (name, e-mail address, postal address) will be deleted.
We do not sell, rent or share data with any third parties, apart from Google analytics and mailing providers.
Who is my data controller?
Data collected via Culturetest will be processed by Emergence BV (as Data Processor) on behalf of your Data Controller (hereafter Administrator) who has been appointed by you or your organization. For example, this could be your manager, HRM, trainer, lecturer, etc. Please refer to your Administrator’s Privacy Statement (your company’s’ Privacy Statement) for further details of this.
We may use your e-mail address to communicate with you if you have contacted us with a query or support question, but we will not send e-mails to you unless you have otherwise opted-in on the ‘my account’ page.
How do we store your data?
Emergence securely stores your data at: Ecoracks datacenter, Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Their security protocol can be found via https://ecoracks.nl/.
What are your data protection rights?
Emergence would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Emergence BV for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Emergence BV correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Emergence BV to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Emergence BV erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Emergence BV restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Emergence BV's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Emergence BV transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Emergence BV has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your administrator.
Emergence BV promises to only use the data provided for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, respecting the confidentiality of this information at all times, and taking all the necessary measures to ensure the security of the data, avoiding any unauthorized alteration, loss, usage or access, in line with data protection regulations currently in force.
The participant has sole responsibility for ensuring that the data provided either via the Culturetest website is true, accurate, complete and up-to-date, and accepts full liability for any inaccurate data provided.